Review the position description below to determine whether our open position in Seattle might be the right fit for you! When you're ready to apply, please complete our application form (with your resume and cover letter) and we'll be in touch. Thank you - we look forward to hearing from you!
Equip is looking for an experienced application and/or system administrator to join our growing ranks of Atlassian Engineers. As part of the Equip Engineering Team you will be working with a wide range of customers (consisting of everything from a two-person start-up in Portland Oregon, to global companies who employ tens of thousands world wide) and helping them navigate complex business challenges and unique tools requirements. You will work alongside other Engineers on projects to make Atlassian’s suite work just how customers want it to, and your documentation will be the best.
The right person for the Atlassian Engineer role is a self-proclaimed “nerd” and has a passion for technology – specifically hosting and managing applications. The ideal candidate holds a balance of charm, an analytical nature, and a knack for troubleshooting as their most valuable skills. As an Atlassian Engineer, your responsibilities will range from tier-1 customer support, tools maintenance, and front-end customization to business analysis, solutions architecture, and comprehensive application and system administration.
Think this might be the role for you? See below for a list of position requirements and preferred skills.
Please apply only if you have:
- A demonstrated track record of success in a customer-centric role. You understand the importance of thorough and strategic requirements gathering, how to ask questions and listen (without assuming an answer), and are comfortable navigating a path to success with an outside party.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You are considered a go-to resource by your team and customers on technical issues – and your documentation is the best.
- Deep technical expertise and a desire to always be learning. You have at least 4+ years in a tech-focused role, and your passion for technology trends and tools extends beyond the borders of your office.
- Experience with the Atlassian tools – specifically JIRA. You have a first-hand working knowledge of the Atlassian tools and the value they deliver to collaborative teams.
- A working knowledge of Linux and Windows servers. You are able to configure and administrate server operating systems with an emphasis on Linux and Unix servers.
- Excellent time management skills. In any given week, you may be working with multiple customers to complete a variety of engagements – your ability to self-manage and prioritize (with the help of Equip’s Engineering Manager and Engagement Manager) will be paramount.
- Process improvement on the brain. You are always on the lookout for ways to make the system better – offering ideas, guidance, and best practices where they can help facilitate positive change.
- Flexibility to work on-site with customers. You understand the importance of relationships strengthened by shared space and face-time, and are able to balance and prioritize your time spent on-site.
Preferred Skills / Experience
The following lend themselves to a higher degree of expertise, customer work, and compensation – but are not mandatory to apply for the Engineer position. They will, however, provide you with a glimpse into how our more experienced team members support customers on a daily basis – and what the future holds should you decide to join our small-but-mighty team of Atlassian Engineers.
- Experience on the Administrator/Power User level of Atlassian products (specifically JIRA) in a mid-to-large-sized organization
- Experience troubleshooting the Atlassian software stack or LAMP
- Familiarity with database concepts (SQL, XML, etc.)
- Knowledge of cloud platforms, environments, and APIs
- Exposure to Agile Methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban)
- Experience with Apache httpd and Tomcat
- Previous interaction with Git, Subversion, etc.
- Jenkins, Hudson, Puppet, or other build automation experience
Ready to get started? Click here to apply >>